29.3.05

I Felt the Earthquake in KL!

There was an major earthquake off of Sumatra this morning. The earthquake was felt throughout peninsular Malaysia with the strongest tremors on the West coast. No casualties or damage has been reported in Malaysia.

I was having difficulty sleeping last night and awoke for a drink of water. I sat on the couch for a few minutes with my water jug relaxing - the Cable TV box showed 12:05 AM. After a few minutes I heard Eleanor stirring in our bed, so I wandered back to lay down. I felt Stephanie gently rocking the bed to calm Eleanor and get her back to sleep. Soon after, I fell asleep as well...

I made the connection this morning! Stephanie never woke and news reports identified tremors in KL at 12:09 AM. There was only a few minutes of rhythmic shaking - just enough to put Eleanor and me back to sleep!

2 Comments:

At March 29, 2005 at 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that it wasn't too bad for you guys!

-Katie

 
At March 30, 2005 at 4:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't that interesting that later you made the connection...very thankful you are all safe and sound!!
Sally

 

Post a Comment

<< Home