18.6.05

Night Market and Merdeka Square


Here we are off to the night market. Ellie likes G'ma to hold her hand...


The Saturday Night Market has food vendors with many unusual offerings. Steph and Ben sampled the popia. Here is the Otak Otak, a spicy fish grilled in a palm leaf.


Further along in Little India, we strolled down Jalan Taunku Abdul Rahman, home to many textile vendors. The batik fabrics were beautiful; definitely something on my list to bring home.


We then enjoyed a stroll in Merdeka Square. A whimsical and (huge) fountain was something I would have loved to take home for the back yard. Maybe Loren can craft one for me!


The afternoon sun on the dome, across from the park...


Ellie met some new friends to play with at the park. She loved helping the just-learning-to walk baby!


I thought I would give the fortune telling machine a try. This is just after it ate my money. Then it laughed at me, adding insult to injury.

1 Comments:

At June 21, 2005 at 1:02 AM, Blogger Katie said...

So, I guess your fortune was "you will lose some money in the future"!

Those fabrics are amazing!!! How much do they cost?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home